Major Gaming organization currently in need of multiple Vertica SME's for full-time roles.
These positions are onsite and can sit in either San Diego, New York City or Boston.
As a Senior Vertica SME, your primary role will be architecting and operating the Vertica databases that play a vital part in the support of one of the most elite gaming industry's critical platforms and services. You should have prior experience in database architecture, and administration (monitoring and proactive maintenance, tuning and backup, and recovery).
The ideal candidate will have a passion for database engines and developing a deep subject matter expertise in database internals and systems integration. The DBA must possess strong ownership qualities and be service-oriented. Experience in the games industry is not required, but a passion for gaming is a huge plus.
• Database installation, architecture, and configuration.
• Performance tuning.
• Physical data modelling.
• Issue detection and resolution.
• Capacity planning.
• Development of automation and scripts to perform proactive maintenance.
• Participate in 24/7 operations via oncall rotation schedule.
• Provide leadership and guidance to engineers, architects and additional team members.
• Solid administration experience in Vertica.
• Must possess advanced SQL skills and in depth knowledge of analytical functions.
• Expertise in storage, servers, operating systems.
• Solid understanding and proficiency in one or more of the following engines are highly desirable: MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C/C#.
PLEASE CONTACT DIRECTLY TO DISCUSS:
Director of Recruiting
DB Pro Staffing
(516) 806-6281 (O)