Can Vertica R and CRAN-R reside on same linuxc node

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

suru27

Can Vertica R and CRAN-R reside on same linuxc node

Post by suru27 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:28 am

Hi,
I am not yet sure whether for a project, I will end up using vertica R UDF or general CRAN R and interacting with vertica using ODBC/JDBC. Hence, I was interested in installing both vertica-R and CRAN on same linux node. However, I am getting following conflict errors:

---> Package mesa-libGL.i386 0:6.5.1-7.11.el5_9 set to be updated
---> Package mesa-libGL.x86_64 0:6.5.1-7.11.el5_9 set to be updated
--> Processing Conflict: vertica-R-lang conflicts R
--> Processing Conflict: vertica-R-lang conflicts R-core
--> Processing Conflict: vertica-R-lang conflicts R-devel
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
vertica-R-lang-7.1.1-0.x86_64 from installed has depsolving problems
--> vertica-R-lang conflicts with R-core
--> vertica-R-lang conflicts with R
--> vertica-R-lang conflicts with R-devel
Error: vertica-R-lang conflicts with R-core
Error: vertica-R-lang conflicts with R-devel
Error: vertica-R-lang conflicts with R

My question is is it possible to have both Vertica-R and CRAN R on same machine? If so, how to resolve the conflict issue highlighted above?

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can Vertica R and CRAN-R reside on same linuxc node

Post by JimKnicely » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi,

I found this in the "HP_Vertica_7.1.x_Distributed_R.pdf" doc on page 32 for the previous release of R:
Note: Before installing this version of Distributed R, uninstall any earlier version(s) of Distributed R
and any other R packages from each node in the cluster. The current version of the Distributed R
package must be the only R package on each node. See Uninstalling Distributed R for more
information. You must have root or sudo privileges to install/uninstall Distributed R.
However, a new version of distributed R (HP Distributed R Release 1.1.0) is now avaiable.
Improved Dependency Installer - The dependency installer has been improved and now provides a supported version of R in the package. Previously the dependency installer downloaded the latest version of R available from the OS platform repository. Additionally, all python dependencies and some OS dependencies are now included in the package and do not have to be downloaded by the dependency installer.
Check here:

http://my.vertica.com/docs/DISTR/1.1.x/ ... h%3D_____1

Maybe the latest release will better suit your needs?
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “Vertica User Defined Functions (UDFs)”