UDF scalar function in vertica 6.0 not working in 6.1

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

imsaravanan79

UDF scalar function in vertica 6.0 not working in 6.1

Post by imsaravanan79 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:32 am

The function got created in vertica 6.0, it was working fine with version 6.0 , Now I have upgraded to vertica 6.1.1-0. The reference to the function stopped working. So i planned to build the library in 6.1 but i am getting following error while creating library.

ROLLBACK 3857: Library built with unsupported version of Vertica SDK [Version: v6.0.0-0, Revision: 94700]
HINT: Expected version: [Version: v6.1.1-0, Revision: 109264]

which one is it referring to ? is it referring to vertica.h, vertica.cpp from vertica 6.1 ? kindly Let me know your views

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UDF scalar function in vertica 6.0 not working in 6.1

Post by JimKnicely » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi,

I don't think that you can simply re-create the library with the CREATE LIBRARY command. First you need to re-compile the library file using thew new SDK.

See the programmer's guide, page 497:
When you have upgraded Vertica to a new version that contains changes to the SDK API. For your libraries to work with the new server version, you need to recompile them with new version of the SDK. See UDF Library Compatibility with New Server Versions (page 497) for more information."
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “Vertica User Defined Functions (UDFs)”