Site Admin
Site Admin

Twitter - San Francisco, CA, United States

Post by JimKnicely » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 pm

http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/jobvite.aspx?b=nob6Hjwa

Twitter
San Francisco, CA, United States

About this Role:

Twitter represents an evolving intersection of web, mobile, and API traffic, all of which is quickly growing and results in complex and dynamic distributed database environments. Our team builds and manages the data warehouse for processing Twitter data, so that the engineers, product managers, and data scientists can make informed, data-driven decisions and products. In this role you will work with an experienced team of Software Engineers and seasoned DBAs. You will be tasked with challenging projects and deadlines to test your skills and we will help you grow into a world-class Vertica DBA.

Successful candidates will have:
  • A strong analytical nature and at least mid-level database systems administration experience
    A strong desire to learn how to administer large-scale Vertica clusters
    A desire to learn on your own and create your destiny
Requirements:
  • Three or more years of hands-on experience in database systems administration
    Experience with Vertica, Oracle, MySQL or other database systems
    Experience with ETL and Data Warehouse systems
    Knowledge of SQL
    Ability to write Bash, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby scripts for monitoring, regular maintenance, and automation of tasks
    Pluses:
    Knowledge of system tools such as netstat, lsof, iostat, vmstat, and others, and the ability to deploy that knowledge in production-critical investigations
    Familiarity with systems-automation tools such as puppet or chef
    Any level of JAVA, C or C++ programming experience
    Can quote from Monty Python or have equivalent experience
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “Employment”