No Super projection found !!!

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

abeeshdreams

No Super projection found !!!

Post by abeeshdreams » Wed May 29, 2013 7:08 am

Hi Guys,
I'm getting a error stating "No super projection found" when i try to load data using ETL tool (datastage) into a newly created table in vertica.
It's weird as vertica is expected to create a super projection when we create a table, (or to be more precise) when we insert the first record into the table. But in this case first i created a table as dbadmin, gave access to a particular user 'x' and used the Datastage(ETL tool ) to load data into the table(using user 'x').
When I try to insert data directly into the table using the same user 'x' there is no error and the data gets loaded. Another confusing thing is, this doesn't happen every time. I have loaded about 100 tables and i got this error only 5-10 times. Once super projection is created it works fine. When I use datastage to create table and load data it works fine.
Have anyone ever encountered this issue? What is the possible scenario that vertica would say "No super projection found" ? Does anyone able to replicate this error?

- Please bear with me as now i cant access the DB. Once I could I will post the necessary screenshots and stuff. :)
Abeeshdreams

scutter
Master
Master

Re: No Super projection found !!!

Post by scutter » Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 am

Is this by chance the issue - no data in the tables yet and running MERGE before any INSERT?

http://mikeramnarine.com/2013/02/20/ver ... ew-tables/
Sharon Cutter
Vertica Consultant, Zazz Technologies LLC

Return to “Vertica Tips, Lessons and Examples”