Top 4 Cloud Data Warehouse Tools 2017 - Vertica is #1!

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Top 4 Cloud Data Warehouse Tools 2017 - Vertica is #1!

Post by JimKnicely » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:18 pm

What do Users Look for when Choosing a Cloud Data Warehouse Tool?

In 2012 Amazon Redshift introduced the business world to the concept of cloud data warehousing and the idea quickly took off.

The savings that a business could expect by sidestepping the hardware, software and administration costs of a traditional data warehouse system made cloud data warehousing a popular alternative.

Over the years many other players have joined Amazon Redshift in the field, each differentiating itself in the features it offers and the solutions that it solves. And while prospective cloud data warehouse users now have a wide range of solutions to choose from, they also have more information to sift through and decisions to make when selecting the bestt tool for their business.

In order to make this decision process easier a good way to begin researching a cloud data warehouse solution is by looking to see what tools are recommended by other tech professionals.

In the IT Central Station community the four leading cloud data warehouse tools, as rated by users, are HPE Vertica, Amazon Redshift, IBM dashDB, and SAP Business Warehouse.

Keep reading to find out what makes these tools user favorites, and what users say to watch out for during the research process.

Read more here:
https://www.itcentralstation.com/produc ... -npca-post
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

JeffLarsen

Re: Top 4 Cloud Data Warehouse Tools 2017 - Vertica is #1!

Post by JeffLarsen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:56 am

Yeah, I'm new to all this vertica stuff and I'm loving it already...

Return to “General”