Unable to connect to vertica through SQuirrel

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

Dinesh325

Unable to connect to vertica through SQuirrel

Post by Dinesh325 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi
i just installed squirrel on my desktop to access my vertica database. when i try to connect to the vertica , it throws me the below error.

i am not able to figure out what is the issue , Help here would be really appreciated.
Vertica database : 6.1
JDBC : JDBC for vertica 7
Server : Redhat
Client : Windows XP

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Vertica][VJDBC](5273) FATAL: Unsupported frontend protocol 3.4: server supports 3.0 to 3.3
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.awaitConnection(OpenConnectionCommand.java:132)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$100(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$2.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:115)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Vertica][VJDBC](5273) FATAL: Unsupported frontend protocol 3.4: server supports 3.0 to 3.3
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.executeConnect(OpenConnectionCommand.java:171)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$000(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$1.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:104)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Vertica][VJDBC](5273) FATAL: Unsupported frontend protocol 3.4: server supports 3.0 to 3.3
at com.vertica.util.ServerErrorData.buildException(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.io.ProtocolStream.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.io.ProtocolStream.initSession(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.core.VConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:133)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.executeConnect(OpenConnectionCommand.java:167)
... 7 more
Caused by: com.vertica.support.exceptions.NonTransientConnectionException: [Vertica][VJDBC](5273) FATAL: Unsupported frontend protocol 3.4: server supports 3.0 to 3.3
... 15 more

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect to vertica through SQuirrel

Post by JimKnicely » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi,

You may need to install the Vertica 6 client...
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “SQuirreL SQL Client”