CPU Usage

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

ClevelandSteve

CPU Usage

Post by ClevelandSteve » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Within my Vertica cluster I have one node who’s CPU usage has been at minimum 10% higher than the other nodes in the cluster. Every machine in the cluster has the same hardware specs and is dedicated exclusively to Vertica. When comparing the CPU usage for each process on the various machines, it is Vertica consuming the additional CPU. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for within Vertica to figure out what is consuming the additional resources? I have looked at vertica log file on that node, but didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

id10t
GURU
GURU

Re: CPU Usage

Post by id10t » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:37 am

Hi!

[DELETED]
Last edited by id10t on Sat May 09, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClevelandSteve

Re: CPU Usage

Post by ClevelandSteve » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, it wasn't the executor node doing more "work". If it was I'd agree with you and would't be concerned about it. Typically all the nodes in my cluster run within a percentage point of each other, including the executor. For a period of 4-5 days one was much higher then the others. But today all of the nodes are running at the same level again, so what ever was happening seems to have corrected itself. No point in pursuing this any further I guess. Thanks.

Return to “New to Vertica Database Administration”