MC warning about NTP

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

sdorich

MC warning about NTP

Post by sdorich » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi,

I have succeffully installed a 3-node Vertica cluster. I wanted to use the Management Console for monitoring the cluster before creating my Vertica database and ran into an error. The message says it's a warning but it's preventing me from doing anything in the MC. I've gone through all of the pre-reqs before installing the MC and everything to that end should be fine (including my NTP time synchronization which is what the warning message was all about). I've even checked to make sure that the stratum level was not 16 (and it wasn't) using the command given in the Vertica documentation: /usr/sbin/ntpq -c rv | grep stratum. I will attach a screenshot of the error message I'm getting.

If anyone knows what else I can do to fix this warning I'm getting, please let me know! Thanks ahead of time.
Attachments
MC_warning.png
MC_warning.png (51.24 KiB) Viewed 14635 times

sdorich

Re: MC warning about NTP

Post by sdorich » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Figured out the issue - my admintools.conf file wasn't configured correctly for some reason (one of the ip addresses for a node in my cluster was incorrect). This can be fixed by editing the following file:

vi /opt/vertica/config/admintools.conf

Return to “Vertica Management Console”