[Vertica][VJDBC](3587) ERROR: Insufficient resources to ...

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

scutter
Master
Master

Re: [Vertica][VJDBC](3587) ERROR: Insufficient resources to

Post by scutter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:39 pm

If you are still interested in looking at this further, check the profiling data for the loads that are "running". Look at the Load operator to see if it produces any rows at all for any of the loads. Still thinking that the tool is expecting all of the loads to be running concurrently and that the process is getting blocked when one or more don't run and consume rows. Does Kettle allow you to control how many concurrent load streams are created?

--Sharon
Sharon Cutter
Vertica Consultant, Zazz Technologies LLC

kleysonr

Post by kleysonr » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Sharon,

I don't know if it is possible to control how many concurrent load streams are created. I believe that is not possible.

I will try to check again profiling data.

Would be possible you simulate a case where you get more concurrency queries than PLANNEDCONCURRENCY to see if the problem also happens ? Maybe can be some bug on Vertica.

Kleyson Rios.

kleysonr

Post by kleysonr » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Sharon,

This job works fine on Postgres.

If it's some kind of blocking I would have the same problem on Postgres. What do you think ?

Kleyson Rios.

scutter
Master
Master

Post by scutter » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi Kleyson,

I can't comment on postgres since I don't know how the concurrency works there. If postgres were to allow all 12 to run concurrently then the problem wouldn't appear. I could easily believe that the concurrency for loads in postgres would be higher since vertica's loads require memory for sorting operations that postgres wouldn't need since it doesn't have projections.

--Sharon
Sharon Cutter
Vertica Consultant, Zazz Technologies LLC

Return to “Vertica Error Codes”