Christopher Lynch Leaves Vertica?!?!

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Christopher Lynch Leaves Vertica?!?!

Post by JimKnicely » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Wow! Sad news out from Vertica (as reported in an email this morning) that Christopher Lynch (President and CEO) has left Vertica...
Dear Friends,
After two incredible years I am leaving HP-Vertica effective immediately. I want to thank HP and all of
our customers, partners, investors, and employees past and present. Vertica is your triumph, not mine.
I feel very privileged to have led such a stellar team in the eye of the Big Data storm! I am proud that
I am leaving the company at the height of success, and in capable hands.
As I contemplate what is next for me, I leave Vertica as the acknowledged market leader
( http://www.vertica.com/wp-content/uploa ... 2812rv.pdf ) fresh off a year
where we enjoyed 130% year over year growth, delivered two ground breaking technical releases
and have moved into our new home in Cambridge, the epicenter of the Big Data Movement.
Vertica is about innovation, and thought leadership; the efforts of our investors, employees and early
customers allowed us to achieve something special.
Goodbye for now and stay close.
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Jbaskin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Christopher Lynch Leaves Vertica?!?!

Post by Jbaskin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Uh oh. Usually when the visionaries leave a company it's all down hill from there!

piglet
Beginner
Beginner

Post by piglet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 pm

I was worried about Vertica ever since HP acquired them. I knew some folks from EDS and they no longer exist!

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1 ... boss_goes/

Josh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Josh » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 am

On the contrary we felt better about vertica when they were purchased by HP. Hopefully HP can poor some money into the development of some new features.
Thank you!
Joshua

JeffSatler

Post by JeffSatler » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 am

I'm sure Apple is fine since Steve died. Hmm. I guess that's a little more extreme than leaving a company. Sorry. Did Mr. Lynch leave on his own or was he asked to leave? I don't like HP.

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

A lot of times when a smaller company is acquired by a big corporation the CEO steps down. The leadership from the smaller is taken over by people at the big companies. I've been a part of several mergers and it always happens the same.

The next phase will be some talent leaving Vertica, but hopefully HP isn't changing so much that the core members leave.

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimKnicely » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Well, at least Mr. Lynch has some BIG plans!

http://www.boston.com/business/technolo ... rtica.html
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “Announcements, Events and Activities”