CE in Production Environment?

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

Jbaskin
Intermediate
Intermediate

CE in Production Environment?

Post by Jbaskin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Can we use CE in a production environment? We're okay with the database size limitation... Has anyone else asked Vertica about this?

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CE in Production Environment?

Post by JimKnicely » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:54 pm

I don't think so, at least not without a written agreement with Vertica... Note the bold red section below in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS...
1. Definitions. As used in this Agreement, the following terms will have the following meanings:

Designated Use: the right to download from Vertica, install, load, utilize, store and display the Software solely for Your internal business purposes, and any other business use specifically authorized in writing by Vertica.
Documentation: the standard written materials regarding the specifications of the Software provided or made available by Vertica in connection with the Software.
Intellectual Property Rights: patents, copyrights (including author’s rights), trademarks, trade secrets, database rights, designs, know-how and any other intellectual property rights whether registered or unregistered (and whether or not registerable) and including applications for registration and the right to apply for registration in any country or jurisdiction in the world.
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “Vertica Community Edition”