ODBC buffer size

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

rajaduraibanu

ODBC buffer size

Post by rajaduraibanu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 am

hi
Can any one help me out , m facing a problem with fetchrow_array , when using in perl code .
If i specify limit in my select query with limit 100 m geting proper and expected result but for limit 200 m getting below error , i think i need to increase the ODBC buffer size but m not getting how to do .....

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_array failed: [unixODBC][Vertica][VerticaDSII] (20) An error occurred during query execution: (SQL-HY000)

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ODBC buffer size

Post by JimKnicely » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi,

What operating system is the client running on? I believe you may be looking for the ResultBufferSize parameter of the DSN? It sets the size of the memory buffer for the large result sets in streaming mode. Note: This parameter was previously called MaxMemoryCache.
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

rajaduraibanu

Post by rajaduraibanu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 am

mmm ya thank u :)

banurajadurai

Post by banurajadurai » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:08 am

hi
m facing the same error again ,
i increased the buffer size to 5000000000, even then After fetching 2047 rows the script is getting stopped with error

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_array failed: [unixODBC][Vertica][VerticaDSII] (20) An error occurred during query execut ion: (SQL-HY000) at TDA_test.pl line 51.
DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_array failed: [unixODBC][Vertica][VerticaDSII] (20) An error occurred during query execut ion: (SQL-HY000) at TDA_test line 51.
:cry:

in my code there is a main select quey , inside which there are some 10 select queries ...
Here Main select query is failing :-(

Return to “Perl”