Vertica / JDBC Getting Started?

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

peteclark3

Vertica / JDBC Getting Started?

Post by peteclark3 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Hey all, I'm new to Vertica and plan to write a process to pull data out of our MySQL database and place it into Vertica. Does documentation and/or sample code exist as a "getting started" in terms of inserting data into vertica via JDBC?

I've been all over the 'net (I think) and found the tungsten solution, but my superiors are not comfortable making the necessary changes to our source database, so I'm being asked to write a custom process to pull the data out of MySQL (via hibernate) and insert it into Vertica via Vertica SQL / JDBC..

Thanks!

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vertica / JDBC Getting Started?

Post by JimKnicely » Tue May 14, 2013 1:10 am

Have you taken a look at the Programmer' Guide? There's a pretty big section named "Programming JDBC Client Software" that may be of use to you!

If you have any specific issues, please feel free to ask the community for support :)
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

kedar

Post by kedar » Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Even I am new to Vertica and am trying to connect to it using JDBC.
Quite confused about the JDBC driver actually.

1. Is there any documentation on getting started with JDBC? Where is the "Programmers' Guide" you have mentioned?
2. Where can I get the JDBC driver from?

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimKnicely » Thu May 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi kedar,
1. Is there any documentation on getting started with JDBC? Where is the "Programmers' Guide" you have mentioned?
2. Where can I get the JDBC driver from?
You can find the answers to both of your questions on the http://my.vertica.com web site.
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “JDBC”