Error when trying to use projection

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

adrian.oprea
Intermediate
Intermediate

Error when trying to use projection

Post by adrian.oprea » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Why am i getting this error ? any ideas ??
i am running a single instance CE installation !

ERROR 3586: Insufficient projections to answer query
DETAIL: No projections eligible to answer query
HINT: Projection bil_DBD_1_rep_1_1_node0001 not used in the plan because the projection is not up to date.

Code: Select all

explAIN  SELECT COUNT(*), HR_INI_ATIVIDADE_REDE FROM bil_DBD_1_rep_1_1_node0001  GROUP BY HR_INI_ATIVIDADE_REDE HAVING COUNT(*) > 6500 ORDER BY HR_INI_ATIVIDADE_REDE;
ERROR 3586:  Insufficient projections to answer query
DETAIL:  No projections eligible to answer query
HINT:  Projection bil_DBD_1_rep_1_1_node0001 not used in the plan because the projection is not up to date.
test=> \dj
                                          List of projections
 Schema |                          Name                          |  Owner  |      Node       | Comment 
--------+--------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----------------+---------
 public | BILHETE1_super                                         | dbadmin |                 | 
 public | bil_super                                              | dbadmin |                 | 
 public | "bil_DBD_1_rep_query-specific_query-specific_node0001" | dbadmin | v_test_node0001 | 
 public | "bil_DBD_2_rep_query-specific_query-specific_node0001" | dbadmin | v_test_node0001 | 
 public | "bil_DBD_3_rep_query-specific_query-specific_node0001" | dbadmin | v_test_node0001 | 
 public | "bil_DBD_4_rep_query-specific_query-specific_node0001" | dbadmin | v_test_node0001 | 
 public | bil_DBD_1_rep_1_1_node0001                                         | dbadmin | v_test_node0001 |
=> 
trying so hard !!!

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error when trying to use projection

Post by JimKnicely » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Try running:

Code: Select all

SELECT START_REFRESH();
The START_REFRESH() function:
Transfers data to projections that are not able to participate in query execution due to missing or out-of-date data.
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

Return to “Vertica Database Administration”