Oracle to vertica migration

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

venkisagala

Oracle to vertica migration

Post by venkisagala » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 am

Hi,

We are planning to Migrate Oracle Db to Vertica DB. Please provide the information about the Migration Process and how to handle Oracle Database objects like Stored procedures,Triggers,Packages ,Db links ...etc in vertica.

JimKnicely
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oracle to vertica migration

Post by JimKnicely » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi!

Welcome to the forums!

Your topic is a VERY broad topic :? Do you have any specific questions? There isn't an easy way to convert an Oracle database to Vertica. For instance, Vertica does not have any support for procedures, functions, triggers and packages in the same sense that you are used to in Oracle. Moving the data won't be too difficult.

But, if you have more specific questions, please let us know and we'll try to help!
Jim Knicely

Note: I work for Vertica. My views, opinions, and thoughts expressed here do not represent those of my employer.

sarah
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by sarah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:25 am

Hi,

I can offer help here too! We've moved an Oracle database into Vertica, although we did not have a whole lot of code stored in the database.
Have a GREAT day!

sonynavi

Post by sonynavi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Sarah, How did you handle the STored Procedures in Oracle to Vertica. Could you please share

Ispirer SQLWays

Post by Ispirer SQLWays » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:18 am

Hi!
The migration to Vertica is quite a specific migration direction, but even it can be automated! Our tool SQLWays can cope with this task, as it is very flexible and customizable. Our technical team has relevant experience and can offer you some options. You can find more information at the following link: http://www.ispirer.com/products/vertica-migration

adrian.oprea
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adrian.oprea » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:11 pm

sonynavi wrote:Sarah, How did you handle the STored Procedures in Oracle to Vertica. Could you please share
Why would you wanna move all you Stored Procs to Vertica ? Are you replacing your transactional db with Vertica ? You know that Vertica is a columnar DB it won't handle good your transactional workload.
trying so hard !!!

Return to “Vertica Migration”