Upgrade CE to EE

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

sarah
Intermediate
Intermediate

Upgrade CE to EE

Post by sarah » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Hello,

Has anyone upgraded the Community Edition to Enterprise Edition? Is it even possible? If so, are there any post installation issues we should be worried about?

Thanks!
Have a GREAT day!

id10t
GURU
GURU

Re: Upgrade CE to EE

Post by id10t » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi!

Docs contains info about it: look for Vertica Community Edition License Upgrade (http://my.vertica.com/docs/CE/6.0.1/HTM ... htm#o17339)
Vertica Community Edition License Upgrades

Vertica Community Edition users should follow these steps to upgrade to an evaluation or Enterprise Edition license:

1. Shut down your database.
2. Uninstall the Vertica Community Edition server on all database nodes following the instructions in Uninstalling Vertica.
Note: If you want to retain your current database, do not remove your /opt/vertica directory.
3. Install the new Vertica Enterprise Edition RPM on a single node, following these instructions: Download and Install the Vertica package. Be sure to specify the parameters you specified when you installed Vertica Community Edition.

Note that you can choose to specify your new Vertica Enterprise Edition license file when you run the install_vertica script, or apply your license later, using Administration Tools.

In either case, you will need to accept a new EULA (license agreement) before you can start using Vertica.
From Ravi Gupta <rgupta at vertica.com>:
CE and EE editions have some feature differences as well (as I recall in 5.x) so better to stop db, upgrade the rpm to EE and apply EE license.

>> Has anyone upgraded the Community Edition to Enterprise Edition?
I did as Ravi said and didn't get any error or problems.

khine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by khine » Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 am

sKwa

To apply for EE license key and download information need to wait how many working days ?

id10t
GURU
GURU

Post by id10t » Fri May 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi!

Are you asking how many days to wait for EE license?
I don't know. I didn't ask for evaluate edition, so I don't know how many days it takes to get.

khine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by khine » Sat May 04, 2013 3:55 am

Hi sKwa thanks for your valuable answer :) Yes i asking for they take how many working days to give EE license key and installation information .Now i already waited for two days and vertica haven reply to me :( that the why i would like to ask those who did it before .

Return to “Vertica Upgrade”